Installation guide (command overview)
1. Create a user for GoShimmer
2. Update package list and install needed packages
3. Install the go package
4. Clone GoShimmer repository to local file system
5. Change to the GoShimmer directory
6. Build shimmer
7. Copy configuration file
8. Set folder and file permissions for the "shimmer" user
9. Download the service template
10. Reload the system daemon
11. Enable the service of shimmer
12. Start shimmer
13. Access to the dashboard without HTTPS
To get access to the dashboard directly from Shimmer, you need to adjust the address in your Shimmer configuration, to do this open the file once with the following command:
There you must now search for the following section:
and replace "bindAddress": "127.0.0.1:8081", with "bindAddress": "0.0.0:8081",.
Shimmer must then be restarted.
(OPTIONAL) Reverse Proxy with SSL
To access the Shimmer Dashboard over a secure SSL connection, you need a reverse proxy. In this step, we will do the setup for this.
It is important that port 80 is enabled to the outside world so that we can apply for a free SSL certificate using Letencrypt.
1. Update packages and install needed packages
2. Request certificate from LetEncrypt using Certbot.
You need to replace domain.tld with your own domain (which points to the IP-address of your server)
First you have to enter your email address, this is required and should be set accordingly. Afterwards you have to accept the conditions with A and in the last step you want to receive your own e-mail information, so you choose N there.
3. Download certificate template and replace existing one
4. Open & edit configuration file
Here you have to press the key combination ALT + R for the search-replace function. Then enter domain.tld for the search and then your domain for the replace. Then select A (All) to replace all entries directly. Finally save the configuration file.
5. Create auth file for the dashboard
6. Create auth user for the dashboard
Please replace username with your own user name
7. Restart the reverse proxy
Now you can access your dashboard from your domain!
1. Stop your goshimmer node
2. Update your goshimmer node (you must run this command with the "shimmer" user sudo su shimmer!)
2.1 (OPTIONAL) If you want to keep your database and configuration, you can do this with the following command
3. (OPTIONAL) Copy needed configuration data from the backup into the new configuration file. The files can be found in the following directory:
4. Start your goshimmer node